Talmud Torah (Religious School) Teachers
B’nei Mitzvah Tutoring Coordinator
Bethelians Podcast Production Intern
Beth El Talmud Torah is looking for energetic, dynamic, innovative teachers who enjoy working with children (grades K-7) and creating a positive Jewish learning environment for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. Teachers will be teaching in person this year, with masking and other COVID precautions in place.
**We are currently looking for teachers for various grades for Sundays (9:30AM-12:30PM) and/or Wednesdays (4:30-6:30PM).
Applicants should send resumes to email@example.com.
The B’nei Mitzvah Tutoring Coordinator (BMTC) is a part time role at Beth El Synagogue. The BMTC will be a great communicator, well organized, sensitive, supportive and a skilled Jewish educator with strong classroom management skills. The BMTC reports directly to and works closely with the Education Director. The BMTC will be readily available by email/text and/or phone. Knowledge of Torah/Haftarah trope and Conservative-style Shabbat services is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the weekly Saturday tutoring class (normally 10:45-11:30 am during the school year, and 9-9:45 am on weeks when there are B’nei Mitzvah). During this past year, class has taken place over Zoom – we are planning to transition back to in-person meetings at Beth El.
- Recruit tutors for weekly class and one on one tutoring
- Develop and maintain relationships with tutors, B’nei Mitzvah students, and parents.
- Check in regularly with students, tutors and parents at appropriate intervals throughout the tutoring process. Maintaining and facilitating thorough and prompt communication with parents and tutors is a key aspect of this role.
- Coordinate with Rabbi, Education Director, Gabbaim, Torah and Haftarah Coordinators with regards to the pieces of the service B’nei Mitzvah students are taking on
- Arrange tutor-student matches
- Coordinate/Facilitate kick off sessions for each tutor-student pair. These have been virtual during the past year. We are gradually transitioning back to in-person meetings, but virtual meetings may continue as well. Working with each family on their comfort level and the logistics of these meetings will be part of this position.
- Work on run-throughs with students approximately 1 month prior to Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Attend the 5th grade Date Selection Meeting and the 6th grade parent logistics meeting.
Additional notes about this position:
- Saturday class runs weekly from September through May. Class is not held on school vacations (see calendar for specific dates).
- There is no class over the summer months, but tutor coordinator and check-ins will still occur.
- We work with Siddur Lev Shalem, and our website is a great resource for our typical “Beth El melodies” that B’nei Mitzvah students use.
- Salary: $5,000 over 12 months
If you’re interested in this position, please contact Alexandra Bicks, Education and Youth Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bethelians Podcast Production Intern
We are looking for a Bethelians Production Assistant. The part-time internship is unpaid, but we will certify credit hours. The hours are flexible and the content is thrilling. Some of the duties you will support or take for your own include:
• recruiting and preparing guests
• listening to interviews and selecting the best tape
• assembling early versions of episodes
• drafting, commenting on and fact-checking scripts
• writing copy for the web
• recording intros, announcements and sponsor spots
If you or someone you know is interested in applying, send a brief letter of interest to email@example.com with “Bethelians Production Assistant” in the subject line.